Customize the user profiles
A lot of times when building a site or theme with WP User Manager, you will want to customize the users public profile page. Luckily WPUM allows you to do this and it's very easy to do.
First of all, you should learn how the template system works. Read more information in this article http://docs.wpusermanager.com/article/87-templates-customization
Now that you learned how to override the templates, we will have a look at which templates are used by the profile page.
- profile.php - This is the main file responsible of loading the whole profile page. This file uses a few different hooks to load each part of the layout.
- /profile/profile-tabs.php - This file is responsible for loading each tab below the user avatar.
Each tab content is then loaded through an action
- /profile/profile-posts.php - This file displays the content for user's posts tab.
- /profile/profile-overview.php - This file displays the content of the "overview" tab. It contains details about the user such as nickname, email etc.
- /profile/profile-links.php - This file displays links within the header area of the user profile. In the above screenshot you can see a "send email" button.
- /profile/profile-comments.php - This file displays the content of the user's comments tab (if enabled).